Tuesday, January 17, 2012

GG

That's what we call it in our house - Golden Globes for novices.  The day that the universe came together and offered up a night of fashion/celebrity insults, an IU game (don't speak of it) AND Drew had the day off on Monday, as it should be following any late night Hollywood event.
My heart swelled with pride when Emmy told me she remembered how we made her pose with a Buddha (as stand in Globe trophy) for a photo op last year.  I am a good parent, I see this now.
Everyone excitedly set up our "red carpet" - ours has butterflies, don't be jealous Hollywood, as I made some super unhealthy snacks just to emphasize the fact that I wouldn't have to spanx myself into some size too small gown - suckers.  Also because unhealthy food is yummy.
I think I have the only 2 girls in the world who don't like to play dress up.  Every year I try to convince/harass/bribe them into dressing up in fancy clothes and jewelry, and every year I am denied in favor of jammies.  At least Emmy bejeweled her dog, that's a start.
Practicing her no, of course I don't believe in botox pose, with her agent standing close by with fashion tape, just in case.
We did have a fashion walk on the dining room table, so everyone could see their glam jammies...sigh.
Rosa did require one costume change.  Diva.
I tried to explain "juice fast" to Emmy, but she wasn't having it.  Carbs on the red carpet?  Giuliana would be horrified.
Ah yes, now we have a properly executed red carpet pose, emphasizing her perfectly heart shaped face and the clean lines of her...bulldozer pants...

And then Drew took over as her stylist as I had priorities to take care of by the name of Angelina and Brad Pitt.
I just...I mean...I have a lot of work to do before next year...ayayay.  We also have to start tutoring her on acceptance speeches and how to look pleased when your competition wins.  It's a long road.
She did however nail her "blowing kisses to the fans" pose.  It's important to be look grateful to the little people. 

Just in case you are wondering, cause I know it's on your mind, Emmy liked every dress she saw.  No critiques, no insults, all ooohhhh it's so shiny/feathery/she looks like a mermaid!
She is the anti-Joan Rivers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment