Friday, January 27, 2012

Dearest Recycling Fairy...

Hello there:  It's me - the one you seem to ignore.
Did I do something to personally offend you?
My sincere apologies if I mistook paper for plastic in one of your bins.
I am a big fan of yours, and I just don't understand why you keep leaving me in the lurch.
You clearly make frequent visits to our house, as I keep finding little things my husband has left for you.
Empty toilet paper roll on the back of the toilet, unwashed jar of Nutella on the counter...
I go ahead and help you out by washing/ placing these things in the bin just for you, so you'll know
I believe too - it's not just him.
Why oh why must you be so elusive?
Cast me not away my sweet fairy of salvage!
I will be leaving you a trail of used shampoo bottles and miscellaneous cracker boxes to illustrate my faith in you.
Until then...
With love and respect in an eco-friendly kind of way.
The Mrs.



No comments:

Post a Comment