Tuesday, November 1, 2011

In Preparation For Halloween

We visited no less than 3 pumpkin farms this year.  Can you believe it?  We are now the most knowledgeable folks around regarding the picking of the pumpkins.  Except for maybe the farmers and all.

The first patch we went to to was near our place.  Apparently we went too early because our pumpkins rotted out way before Halloween.  Drew wanted to keep them around because he thought the oozy black goo coming out of them would scare small children.  But, that's a whole different story.


Might I add that is the exact same way Drew holds a bowling ball.  I thought that was inexplicably charming way back when he was courting me.  Haahahhaha, yeah I could barely type that word from all the laughing.



Emmy and Drew also had a special pumpkin carving night together at her school.  That smile - I mean, I just....it's a little scary.  Yes?

Next, Emmy and I went on a field trip to another local pumpkin farm with her classmates.  Actually it was only 6 out of 16 from her class as it was 40 degrees, raining and windy.  My kind of outing!
We fed a corn cob to that there cow.  Yep.  That was the highlight of the trip.  And then Farmer Butch remarked that the black cows were "Black Angus" and all the other parents went "Mmmmm...." and then I got uncomfortable.  Because I mean seriously, they can hear you.  And then that one in the middle gave me the evil eye and I was all "Dude, I don't eat you, you've got no beef with me".  Ahhahahahahahaha.  Wait, I've gotten off track...

Then oh then, we embarked on the journey with my fam to the grandest of all pumpkin farms.  Out in the middle of nowheresville Columbus-ish, Ohio where we drove through a small town that had a bank called "Bank".  Now, you know this is going to be a farm like no other, because what else they got goin' on?








Slides, more slides, pineapple trains, posing as farmy things.  What more could one ask for?  Rosa was past her nap time and really tired at this point, as you can see in the photo.  We repeatedly tried to loan her to Angie and Mike for the night.  She was tired, she might not have noticed.  Alas, they declined.  Whatever guys.  See if we come up to your farm next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment