Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"That's a bit aggressive little bunny"

Baking has gotten more and more "interesting" (I'm using this word, though I mean something else) as the girls get older and more independent.  Today we made pumpkin scones for the first time, because that is their favorite treat from Starbucks.  Aside from a triple-grande cappuccino-dry as a bone, obviously.  And well, Starbucks isn't getting any cheaper.  And if we're cutting back expenses there, guess who is more important?  Me.  Yeah.  That's right.  Mama need her fuel.
Emmy has taken on the roll of director of the baking process.  She fancies herself the CEO of operations around here, redirecting Rosa (see post title) and attempting to send her into time out for various infractions. 
I mean who better to organize this chaos than moi?  Step off Martha Stewart.  This is my kitchen.

Nnnnuuummm num num num num num num....cooooooookkkkkiesssss.

*On a separate note, Rosa and I were at the Disney store this morning during preschool and I got some disapproving looks from other parents when I was holding up the "Animal" from The Muppets doll next to Rosa to examine the similarities.

So, today I began a new rule of baking I like to call "Hands up" (It helps if you say it very quickly).  Basically whenever I need to get up to grab an ingredient or step away from the dueling chefs for a moment I call "hands up", and they drop their utensils and keep their hands in the air until I return for monitoring.  In a word...awesome.  This significantly reduced the amount of flour, sugar, etc...that was tossed out of the bowl on purpose by accident, when I have my head turned.  Who would've thought they would actually do this without question?  I did it a few unnecessary times just for fun.  You should try it.  It's a great stress reliever and makes you feel super powerful, which is why I do most things.

No comments:

Post a Comment