Wednesday, August 3, 2011

On Self-Soothing

A giant glass of red and an episode of Flipping Out is what I have in mind.  Oh, Jeff Lewis, how you do improve my mood with your charming crazy.  How do you self-soothe?

The girls have been really into playing "baby" lately.  They like to be swaddled and then (by Drew) swung around the room.  Which, I guess is more like playing "baby goes to the amusement park", but you get the idea. 
Perhaps they have been overhearing my conversations with the contractors, and have decided it best to regress back into the infant stage so as to avoid these kinds of problems forever.  I would like to do that too.  Especially after this afternoon's little tidbit.  It went something like this:
Contractor dude - Look, I've gotta be honest with you...I fed you a line earlier.  Here's what really happened...it's been bothering me all night...I don't know what to do...
Yep.  Love a conversation that starts with a confession. 
I may pull the comforter off our bed and try this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment