Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Literal Translations

Emmy has this little game she likes to play (which I think is somehow derived from playing with Grammy).  It goes like this:  She asks you what you would like for pretend breakfast, and then whatever you say, she tells you Oh I'm sorry we're all out of (that ingredient). 
This morning our skit went like this:
E:  Good morning Mommy, what would you like for pretend breakfast today?
Me: Hmm...I think cereal sounds pretty good.
E:  Oh, I'm sorry we're all out of milk.
Me:  Oh, okay.  I guess I could go for a bagel with cream cheese.
E:  Oh, I'm sorry we just ran out of cream cheese.  What else can I get for you?
Me:  Bummer.  Well, I suppose I could eat some French Toast.
E:  Oh, that's too bad Mommy, we're all out of French.
Me:  Oh mon dieu!
Pardon???

No comments:

Post a Comment