Wednesday, July 27, 2011

You Might As Well Get Comfy...

Cause I had 23 days to upload pictures from July 4th, and this is going to take a while...

It rained in the morning, as it always seems to on the 4th, which derailed our plans to go to a neighbor's pre-parade party, but Grammy and Grampy came over, so not all was lost...
We headed off in a light rain up to the main street to find ourselves a comfy/sheltered spot.  We moved here specifically so we could avoid that crazy parade parking.  We're very practical like that.

A view from under my umbrella...

It stopped raining just in time for the parade.  Well done universe, well done.

I didn't notice at the time, but if you look closely you can see the kids across the street holding shopping bags.  We hadn't moved here yet last year, so we've never attended a Montgomery parade, but apparently they like to throw candy.  A LOT of candy.  Seriously.

And that was just the beginning.  We still have some stashed away in the cupboard for bribes.  Oh, don't judge me.

Nothing like picking up candy off the curb.  Let freedom ring!

Because why would they not invite a Storm Trooper to the party?  They were sort of patriotic in their own way.

Look, I'm not saying our parade is better than yours or anything...but I mean...did you have a whole brigade of Back to the Future mobiles?  Just sayin'.

At some point, Rosa decided to just sit there with her hands out, waiting to be handed treats by passersby.  Smart girl.  Make them come to you.

Three things of note in this photo:  Emmy clapping for the passing band, Rosa in the background raiding the candy stash, and my freakishly veiny hand.  Why, thank you genetics!

I'm just putting this on here to amuse Angela.

Just waiting for something to be thrown in...

 You have to click this bigger to see the irony.

I take the bestest pictures.

We went home for a little break after the parade.  The Grammy and Grampy never fail to entertain.

There was a festival at the park in the afternoon and Emmy loved her some bunnies!

My parents taught Rosa to feed the bunny a long blade of grass.

Mmmyummymmmyums,  don't mind if I do.

I never let Emmy play on this crazytown contraption when it's just me with the girls, so this was a special treat.  Yay for braver Daddies!

Plinko!!!  

I don't know who she is, but that girl is sooo not loving Emmy's big win.  Those are fightin' eyes.

We had a nice little Graeters picnic in the grass.  You can see which flavor Rosa chose.

And then we headed home...exhausted from a fun filled day!

But having saved just enough energy for a dance party! 
 Free to be you and me.









No comments:

Post a Comment