Sunday, July 17, 2011

And Not The Chocolate - Peanut Butter Kind

My sister is an official BUCKEYE!  A WOO HOO!!!  This has been a long time coming, as her deep (ahem, misguided) love of all things OSU has been around longer than the whole Team Aniston/Team Jolie controversy, and we all know that's been around a loooong time. Yes, I feel the need to temper the braininess of this blog post with a little Hollywood gossip.  I don't know why.  It's just who I am.
We are all so very proud of our little graduate.  She knocked out what most people take at least 2 years to accomplish in a mere year and a half.  Whilst working full-time AND planning her wedding.  Woosh, I'm exhausted just by typing that.  Oh, and did ya know OSU's EMBA program happens to be ranked 15th in the WORLD by Businessweek?  Yeah, our girl is "wicked smaahhht".*
My camera didn't want to cooperate during the commencement reception, but that picture's kind of rad.

Represent'n.  Do ya see it?  Look closely.

Sadly nobody told Angela that her campaign for a diploma was completely unnecessary.

A double MBA kind of family. Yeah, they already shop Restoration Hardware.  Check.

Standing in front of her favorite Dickinson quote
 "Luck is not chance, it's toil; fortune's expensive smile is earned".

I think that's the first family photo we've had in years. 

What song just popped into your head?  I know, let me paint you a little picture...Office Space...printer scene.  Yeah, that's what I thought too.  Word.

That was a real special moment. 

My awesomeness convinced everyone that Angie was coming in on the left, so we all spent, I don't know, 30 minutes trying to find her in the ginormous procession.  She was on the right. 

Contrary to what you may be thinking, this ceremony took a little while.

This is one of my favorite pics.  If you magnify it about 500x you can see Angie's tiny little arm in the middle, waving to us.  She called to tell us where she was.  Cause that's how they roll nowadays.

The moment you've all been waiting for!  Just imagine you see her accepting her diploma.  She really is shaking the professor's hand in this photo.  Trust.  Yes, they hand them out individually.  The actual named diploma.  I didn't believe it either.  That's probably why they can put a "The" before Ohio State University.

Maybe sometime after the wedding she'll stop being lazy and organize her closet already.  Wait, no, she just did that too.
Congratulations you over-achiever you!!!
ps- Go Hoosiers!
*If I have to tell you what movie that quote is from, I'm not sure I want you reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment