Friday, July 15, 2011

Bugs I Deem Okay

The list is short: lightning bugs, caterpillars, and butterflies (if you consider them a separate bug).  I know I know, I'm an "inside" kind of girl.  So, off we went to the Butterfly Show at the Cincinnati Botanical Gardens, to admire the only bug you would ever hear me calling "pretty'.
Oh, and we got caught in a very humid rain on our way in, which is why we're all looking a little unsavory.  Just sayin'.

Her first catch of the day!  You can see it in the bottom left corner just barely.  Oh so proud of herself.
They were provided little foam flowers to lure the butterflies with.  Rosa is amazed at her sisters' talent.  Yes, Emmy is wearing a butterfly shirt.  I am that good.  Actually I just noticed that now.
Yep, that's pretty much how you catch butterflies.  Just sort of stand there.  Waiting.  You want to come with us next year, don't you?  Actually it really was fun.  Except for the whole bug part.
Rosa liked catching the foam flowers instead.  My kind of girl.
That's the face she would make when one got too close.  Tee hee.  Such a girl. 
The focus of a future entomologist?  I associate that word almost entirely with Silence of the Lambs.
Oh hey!  Loooook!  I caught one on my shirt!  It likes me!!!!!
Oh, oh wait...too close....Abort! Abort!!!!!!!!!
Celebrating success outside of the gardens.  Emmy is all about picking up Rosa lately.  With a 6 lb. difference between them, this is always a good idea.  It is either met with delight as pictured above or extreme distaste, which I will not even photograph.  You don't want to see that.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment