Monday, April 11, 2011

Naptime and High Tea

Emmy is going through a bit of a phase where she pretends that she has already been asleep immediately after I put her down for her afternoon nap.  She'll call out "I'm awake!  I see sunshine!"  This is unfathomably annoying after, oh I don't know, the 36th day in a row.  Recently though, she has incorporated a British accent that Drew had taught her to use when she requests something.  As in, (British accent)"Daddy, may I please have a glass a water, please".  Why would he include an accent in lessons on manners?  Well, because he's Drew.  This is why I married him.
Anyways, her routine has now morphed into (3 yr. olds British accent) "I'm awake!  You can pleeeeaassse come and get me, pleeeeeeeeaaaaasssee!"  Now equal parts annoying and hilarious.
 I don't know why she changed things up.  I can only assume that she knows this cracks us up and we will quickly come back and give her the attention she is wanting while holding back giggles.   Again with the parental manipulation.  By the time she reaches her teens, we won't stand a chance.
"A ha ha ha ha ha...amateurs."

No comments:

Post a Comment