Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hoping For A Sugar Coma

* I called Drew at lunch today because I was concerned my eardrum was actually
going to burst. 
I kid you not.
Rosa's tantrums have entered a level best described as epic.
I had to shut the windows because the lawnmower guy was outside. 
I was afraid she would hurt his ears too.
The tone and decibel at which she screams falls somewhere between
a fighter jet and the high pitch sound that only a dog can hear.*

Moving on to a more pleasant experience.

I heard on the radio that there was a new "cupcakery" downtown.
They said that there were lines going around the corner to get a cupcake and that they sell out by
the end of the day everyday.
If you know me at all, you know I need to be there immediately.
If you don't know me at all, it's not because I am a cupcake fiend.
I just gravitate towards anything that gives the hintiest hint that our city might
be cooler than I think it is. 
No offense Cincinnatians.  You are totally cool.
So, we made a date with Daddy to meet for a special cupcake lunch!
(it happens to be located just a block or so from his office)
My hope was that the sugar would keep them awake just long enough to get home,
 and then they would crash out for nap time from extreme blood sugar fluctuations.
Stop.  No.  I don't need a parenting trophy or anything.
Your respect is enough for me.
(see above note if you need a reason why I might think this way on occasion)
So, we picked Emmy up from preschool and headed downtown!
I made them eat a banana on the way.  I'm not fully crazy.  Yet.

Rosa was really excited for this special adventure.
No, I mean reeeeallllly excited.

Emmy flashed me her blue steel before school, so I couldn't back out.

In all of the excitement, I totally forgot to take pictures once we got to the cupcakery,
but I did manage to capture the ooooohhhh coming from Emmy when she walked
in to see wall to wall cupcakes.



It was a lovely adventure and I could really use one of those cupcakes right
about now if ya know what I mean.

I eat my feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment