Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mrs. Mama

That's what Emmy accidentally called me after we got home from preschool today.  Clearly a result of being around her teachers, but I kind of love it.  I think maybe I should insist on this title from now on. I felt suddenly empowered, like I was the Mother Of All Mothers!, or maybe a character from a bad Eddie Murphy movie. 

Anyways, I was at preschool today helping out during the Harvest Party!  Woo!  I was in charge of juice boxes and creating/bringing 2 games.  We played "Pin the grin on the jack-o-lantern" and "Bowling for ghosts".  Don't be jealous of my extreme creativity.  You too can make small children marvel at your genius with one click of the google search engine.

The kids loved everything, and I am totally zapped of energy.  I have a new and even more profound respect for teachers, having spent a mere hour in the classroom and coming home all sweaty and mentally exhausted, like I had just performed an hour of cardio during an intensive cognitive behavioral therapy session.  What?

I so wanted to post the pictures that I took during the party, but then I had a personal argument with myself (that's redundant huh?) that it's probably poor etiquette to post pictures of other peoples' children, and my conservative side won.  Plus, you would have seen Emmy's Halloween costume in advance, and frankly I can't just give away that kind of moment for free.  My ticket sales would plummet and there would be a whole legal battle that I just don't have time for.
But, I will give you a hint:  it's not a Panda.  Surprised?

No comments:

Post a Comment