Monday, February 14, 2011

We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Programming...

I was about to post a little Valentine message, but then figured I should write down a few updates on the girls first.  This is mostly for me because it seems so much has happened recently and I haven't sat down to update the baby books yet because if I don't cross a "t" at just the right angle then the whole book will be ruined, RUINED! and I just can't handle that kind of pressure right now.  So, here are a few happenings with our ladies that I will eventually write in ink when I have the time to properly indulge my crazy.
First off - Rosa got her first haircut!  Woo hoo!  At the age of 17 months, she no longer looks like a Fraggle.  Not entirely at least.  She was not a fan for the first 3 minutes, but then just relaxed in Mama's lap.

You can see in her eyes that she's gone to her happy place.

Next, Emmy had her first trip to the dentist!  At the tender age of 3 1/2 she put on her game face and opened wide.  I'm just going to take a second here to pat myself on the back for countless weeks of researching and picking the most fantastic pediatric dentist ever (indulge me, this is the only chance a stay-at-home-mama has for positive reinforcement, there are no raises or career advancements offered at this gig;))!  Seriously, Dr. John called us the day before her appointment to say "hi" to his "new friend" and tell her he was looking forward to meeting her.  Seriously?  Awesomeness.  She did really well and fully cooperated with the process even with some very sad wimpering with her mouth wide opened.  She got a clean bill of health and a green bouncy ball and was happy as a clam with her new princess toothbrush and "big girl" fluoride toothpaste.  The highlight for me was when Emmy was being examined and was wimpering, Rosa walked over and rubbed her arm to comfort her.  In the words of Rachel Zoe "I die".  (I know Danza is the only one who will get that;))

I love the dentist I love the dentist!
 Last, but certainly not least,  Rosa is talking up a storm!  This is completely mystifying to us, having waited for over 2 years for big E to start talking.  She seems to add a new word every day or so.  Today was brought to you by the letter T for "towel". 
*On a side note - while the girls were finishing up lunch, Rosa was playing with her water cup and kept tipping it over and spilling water on her tray.  She wouldn't even look at me, but would put her little arm out towards me reaching and yell "towel!".  HI-larious!
 Here's a few of her more recent word discoveries:  diaper, backpack, moon, chocolate milk, no thank you, water, spin (pronounced "peen" with great enthusiasm when running towards the green spinny chairs) and Emmy, much to her sister's satisfaction. 

That's what I'm talkin' bout
Good times at the Lloyd household. 

No comments:

Post a Comment