Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just going to complain for a bit...kay?

Being at home with 2 sick girls when you are sick too is soooo unpleasant.  I think I'd rather have a root canal.  At least I would be blissfully under for a while, responsible for nothing other than perhaps not biting the dentist in my sleep.  And then, I can only assume hopped up on pain medications for a good while.  I am currently hopped up on Advil Cold and Sinus - which is not as fun.  I can only assume. 
We've actually all been sick for about 4-5 days now.  Drew's MLK day off included, which is a real bummer.  It's a travesty to have a day off of work and be sick.  I used to be pretty hardcore during colds, which I rarely got anyways.  I would motor right through a work day with a smile.  Since I've been home with the girls, I've become one of those super annoying whiny sick people who just wants to lay on the couch and moan.
*On a side note - when Emmy sneezed some nastiness out of her nose the other day her immediate response was "Wow, that was exciting".
So anyways, it's been one of those weeks.  Which leads me to New Year's Eve.  We have been celebrating NYE with London for the past several years because it's at 7pm, so the girls can be a part of the celebration.  This year I got a big bunch of balloons so that at "midnight" we could run outside and release them as we screamed "Happy New Year". 
Is Drew flashing a gang sign?    


I had such a lovely vision of balloons flying off into the night sky.  I told the girls the balloons would bring luck to whoever found them. So, just as we all scream out "Happy..." and release our balloons, a giant gust of wind comes and sweeps every last one of those suckers into the top of the pine tree at the side of our house, effectively popping every last one and scaring the bejesus out of a flock of birds.
Holding the remainder of our balloons.  And no I'm not dressed as a sad Merry Man.  I'm the only one who retained her party hat. 
Now, I tried to convince myself that it was like rain on your wedding day.  Good luck, right?  The year shall be grand!
Since then, our stove has broken, I broke Drew's glasses, the new stove that we bought has to be returned and replaced as the door got dangerously hot, and all 4 of us are sick.  Now, I know that far worse things could have happened, but come on already universe CUT US A BREAK!
And now I'm moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment