Thursday, January 6, 2011

And I Trump You With A Bag Of Cheetos

This post is mainly for Danza (hi!), who just recently posted on her blog about feeling guilty for letting Harrison watch a little tv.  I say nonsense.  What's a little tv in the scheme of things?  We Mom's suffer from enough Mom-guilt for too many other things throughout our children's lives.  I think we should get a free pass on tv.  Now, I'm not saying I believe in parking your kids in front of the tv all day long, but when you've gotta vacuum the trail of toast crumbs circling around the dining room, Nick Jr. is the answer.  It's either that or have one fighting me for control of the vacuum and the other one trying to ride it.
I mean, how else would Emmy have learned to say "Vamonos Mami!" when I'm taking too long to get outside?  I took French.  Who would have taught her to "put our heads together and get involved" when she has a problem like the Fresh Beats?  I can't sing and dance when I problem solve.  And don't even get me started on the "tiny ugly germs" that she has learned "will make her sick!" if she doesn't wash her hands.  I just tell her to scrub, I don't take time to describe the millions of little sour faces living on her hand.  So, I say there should be no guilt in a little educational distraction when you've got to cook dinner, or clean the house, or just need a mental break.  I mean, how else am I going to be able to make these very important blog entries?  (Ha!  Just kidding, they're napping now...this time.)
So, on that note.  Thought I'd share a vaguely similar (if not far less artistic) picture I took not long ago.
I belive it to be sisterly bonding.  Where would Angie and I be without our shared knowledge of Johnny Bravo dance moves?  Sha na na na na na na na na, Sha na na na na!
Oh, and the Cheetos they're eating are organic.  That means they're healthy...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment