Wednesday, February 22, 2012

You've Got Me

We went to the Mall today.
Sometimes you just have to.
I don't know if "the Mall" deserves or requires a capital M,
but I'm going to write it that way,
because we are in the Midwest.
Basically we go the the MALL (ooh look I went a little crazy there)
when we have nothing better to do and we are officially
bored of board games
and Mommy doesn't want to play
pretend anymore.
Sometimes I just need a dose of reality.
So, the Mall, clearly.
I have a long standing disdain for the Disney Store.
The smell of the perfumes/potions whatever
that they sell in there nauseates me to my very core.
(Why does anyone feel the need to market perfume to children?
They usually smell pretty good.  Better than a lot of adults I pass at the Mall.)
Anyways, maybe it's because of the girls' sudden interest
in all things Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,
or maybe it's from inhaling the toxins of
Eau de Tinkerbell,
but I kind of enjoyed myself in there today.
I even came to the conclusion that we should absolutely
change our kitchen flooring to their dark blue tile with sparkles.
It would be magical while I cook!
Of course once the high of fairy dust wears off,
I might think differently, but for now,
you've got yourself another fan
Disney Store.
Darn you and your strawberry-scented stuffed animals.
Who could resist that?

2 comments:

  1. this sounds just like us except insert arcade games for tinkerbell perfume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Arcade games! Now I could enjoy myself a little skeeball, or is that too old-school for arcades these days? ;)

    ReplyDelete