Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Belated Gratitude

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone and here I am writing a super late post, because that's who I am.   Stop judging me.  You find it secretly charming.
We had another scrumptious dinner at The House of Lloyd.  Where all good things to eat come to my plate. 
1. Rosa is grateful for ice cream.  Any dessert at all really.  I am grateful that Rosa knows the first two verses of Santa Baby and sings them often. 

2.  I am grateful for cousins who the girls love and get to grow up with.  And sweet little smushy baby faces.  Delish.


3.  I am grateful for that smile.  Which lights up the world. 

4.  I am grateful that Pat puts so much thought into what will be fun for everyone.  Pumpkin bowling?  Quote games?  Yes, please.  I am also grateful for that little nephew man I get to be related to.  He's pretty awesome. 


5.  I am grateful for family gatherings of any kind.  I love that my kids get to grow up so close to their grandparents and Aunties and Uncles.  Sorry about your luck La Jolla.  Another time.


6.  I am grateful for the intense focus of kids.  When they are doing something they want to do.  Otherwise...

7.  I am grateful for celebratory high fives, stones (avec peek-a-boo from Drew) and all kinds of celebration dances.  Rosa has some mad break dancing skills, but that's another story.


8.  I am grateful for the magic light saber coming from my chin, that Drew captured.  I am also grateful for my husband's endearing impracticality when it comes to auctions and estate sales.  Every once in a while he comes over to the dark side.  And I like it.

9.  I am grateful for Rosa's colors.  All 5,679 of them.

10.  Most of all, I am grateful for this.  Best friends for life.

Happy belated Thanksgiving to all, and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment