Wednesday, September 28, 2011

On Being A Fun Mom And Making My Own Cider

I have sooo many pictures from our fabulous vacation in Pentwater, and you will sit here and you will look at them and you will like it.  Because I am inviting you to be privy to the photo-documentation of our lives here at the Lloyd house, and how often are you going to get that kind of opportunity in life? Okay fine, go grab yourself a latte first.  Better?  Now, let's discuss how much of a nature girl I am, yes?


Well, nature isn't really the right term here.  See, because I'm all for the beach.  When it's, I don't know 85 degrees, sans cool breeze and I'm "glistening" (I don't sweat) so much that the only thing I can do is run quickly into the water to cool myself off for 2.5 seconds until I'm officially cold and then run back out to warm up on my beach blanket.  That's not really a problem with nature per se, as it is more of a genetic circulatory disorder that I am diagnosing* myself with on this here blog post.  I say genetic, mainly because my sister is almost always cold as well, and therefore it is OUR PARENTS FAULT. 




So, I designated myself official photographer at the beach, and thus eliminated any chance of developing frost bite, or touching anything wet and squiggly with my toes.  And I let everyone else play with my children!  Woo hoo!  Actually, I pretty much always take a giant leap back when Drew, family, or anyone else (random stranger?) is around, as far as child care goes, because let's face it, Mama does quite enough parenting on her own time.




Emmy wore those floaties like it was her job.  Even when no where near the water.  She's a safety girl.


The girls LOVED the beach, even though it was a little chilly.  At one point Rosa's little thighs started to quiver from the cool, but she had no intention of leaving that water.   I did dip a toe in once.  Then I buttoned my jacket.
Emmy, the mini Mama.  She does a great job of watching out for her "little bunny".    When the little bunny allows her to.  See, I'm in the background there, standing...making sure no one needs to be rescued.  Totally the fun Mom.  Watch out Mama Lohan, someone's here to compete for your title.


Unfortunately, the morning hike up the sand mountain happened to coincide with my shower time, so I had to take a pass on that adventure.  Hey, don't judge me.  I've been sharing a bathroom with 2 kids AND a man for the whole summer. 

Climbing with Nana, dressed in pajamas, socks, sandals and a raincoat.  This is why I usually dress the girls myself.


This photo makes me think of the grumpy old men from The Muppets.  I don't know why...

And back down again!  I'm telling you - these girls got spoiled with adventures.  Now how am I supposed to convince them that throwing coins into the fountain at the mall is a special treat? 

Brief intermission at the Yacht Club...

And then...off to the apple orchard!!!  What?  Could this all be happening on the same day?  Believe it.  The Lloyd family doesn't mess around. 
I was inexplicably excited for the apple orchard.  Even though it was outside and not heated.  I even had packed special apple picking outfits for everyone, which somehow we didn't end up wearing.  I love me a good orchard.  Unless there is a worm in the apple I am picking, and then, ewwww.

Some of those babies were hard to twist off.  I give her an A for effort.
I would like to thank you for this apple...and for the cool port-o-potty I got the chance to use earlier.

What we did while everyone else learned about the merits of the "donut peach".  We ended up coming home with a boat load of apples.  So, what better way to use them up than to make a batch of fresh apple cider!  Mmm...recipe follows:


Bahhhahhaaaaa.  Really?  Who do you think I am. 


* No Mom, I don't really have a medical condition...that I know of...
















No comments:

Post a Comment