Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tumblebees!!!

That's the name of Emmy's gymnastics class, by age group.  The 3's are tumblebees!  Say it, it's fun.
What has not been quite as fun is class.  Until last week, and I'll keep my fingers crossed.  Emmy has had quite the time adjusting to having a new authority figure (teacher) and new kids surrounding her.  It has pretty much been a peel her off the side of me kind of experience.  The other complication is Rosa is with us, which means that I either have her on my hip while holding Emmy's hand on the balance beam etc...or I let her terrorize the gymnasium by herself, which she is more than happy to do, but apparently the other parents (who clearly can see what a FANTASTIC time I'm having) think it's unfair that a sibling gets to "use" the equipment for free.  And by "use" I mean whack a tether ball until it smacks her back in the face.  So, now I have to hold her against her will, which works out really well with a Rosa.  *"Other parents", with the kid who would willingly run off to class without even saying goodbye to you, I'll trade ya.  Let me be the one sitting on the bleachers with a Diet Coke, talking on my cell phone far too loud about how the caterer screwed up my bunko party last night.*  Yes you, please complain some more about the "free ride" my other daughter is getting.  Perspective is clearly your strong suit.  Anyways, we did have a bit of a (knock on wood) break-through half way through class last week.  Emmy actually went off with her favorite teacher, sans me, and dare I say it...I think I saw a smile or two.  Class is Friday, so we'll see if this post just jinxed our progress.  Letcha know...
The "ta da" moment after she somersaulted with Googa of course.  Please ignore the pantsless wonder in the background.  She likes to do things her own way. 
Do I see a little Mary Lou Retton in the making?  Bahhhahaha, I'm sooo not THAT Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment