Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A day in the life...

A suspiciously low key morning:  stroller walk around the neighborhood, everyone ate without protest at lunch.  I should have known better...
3:20pm - Emmy wakes up screaming "mommy" repeatedly after an hour (of a normally 2 hour joint nap) waking Rosa up far too early for anything good to happen.
3:25pm - change Rosa to see that she has a terrible diaper rash, presumably from the Indian food I let her eat off my plate at lunch.  What?  She liked it.
3:35pm - letting Rosa air out on my lap while we play in her room.  Starts to pee.  I quickly close my legs tight to catch all of the pee in my pants as opposed to the rug (motherly instinct?).
3:40pm - change out of pee clothes, clean up Rosa and let her air out on our bed.  Emmy tries to give her a sippy cup.  I tell her to wait until I have Rosa diapered, just in case.  Emmy doesn't wait.  Rosa starts to drink and immediately begins peeing on our freshly laundered sheets.  Grab her and quickly get yet more pee on my freshly changed clothes.  
3:45pm - Emmy skips happily to the "time out" chair for disobeying my directions. Take all linens and pee clothes to laundry room. 
4:00pm - see Mr. Puddy lurking outside from an earlier escape.  Run outside shoeless to catch him, stepping on various thorny weeds.  Emmy stays inside to "signal" him to come in with the beeper on some play car keys. 
4:01pm - Mr. Puddy runs off. 
4:02pm - Cheerfully wave hi to some neighbors who just heard me cursing the day we got a cat.
4:03pm - Walk back inside through a wet spot to find Emmy removing her pee clothes (she's in BIG GIRL underwear).  Ask her why she didn't use the potty.  "Because I was having too much fun helping you find Mr. Puddy."
5:50pm - Hand both kids to Drew the minute he walks in the door. 
What this angel? (she had just used her magic wand to "wish" for a sip of  Daddy's Pepsi
Filling up for more ammunition

No comments:

Post a Comment