Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Conversations with Emmy

This morning as she was helping me get ready/giving herself some Ruby Red lips for voting in style:
Me:  Can you please pass me the cheek stain?
Emmy:  Here you are (got it right)
Me:  Wow, that's impressive, maybe you'll be a makeup artist when you're older.
Emmy:  Thanks, but actually I want to be a mail person.
Me:  Why do you think that job would be fun?
Emmy: (implied "duh" tone) Umm..because I like mail.


As we were driving home from voting:
Emmy:  Why isn't the car moving?
Me:  Because we are at a red light.  Do you remember what a red light means?
Emmy: Stop!  And a green light means hurry up and go already!
Me:  Exactly.


After playing at her kitchen set for a while:
Emmy:  Now don't touch those cookies, they're going to be very hot and I don't want to see you anywhere near that stove! (Love hearing myself quoted back to me;))
Me:  Oh, I wouldn't dream of it.
Emmy:  Well, you can dream about it, just don't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment